Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fearlessnes: something that is easier said than done

I found this quote some time ago and I have been meaning to write a post about it, but in some sense I have had fear, fear in writing it. Do I know what it is like to be fearless? Hell no. How am I suppose to express my feelings about this quote if I can't even demonstrate what it means? I guess it is more of a life lesson that keeps changing as life and experiences take their toll on us. Alright, so I shall dive in and try to tackle this one. Am I scared? Yes, but we'll see what my fingers type and hopefully I can do this justice.
As I stare and re-read the quote over and over again nothing comes to my mind. It gives me so many instructions that I want to follow, but not sure if I have the courage or the ability to. Isn't that the ironic part? I'm scared of a quote that is telling me to not be scared. I guess lately I've been struggling with being fearless. I need to speak up and tell people what I'm thinking but there is something that has been holding me back. Not sure what it is, but it's the reason I pushed someone away. Granted it worked out for the better, but beating myself up for weeks about why I could not get the words out was not fun. I guess I didn't believe in myself and my ability to think and speak intelligent words. Diving straight in as it says can be so scary! This quote has pretty much taken everything that I am afraid of and told me not to be afraid of it........easier sad than done! It has been so frustrating that I have not been able to just dive straight into life. Living this quote everyday will be one of the hardest things I do this year. It's not just thinking about what the words mean, but knowing and putting them into action. The past week I feel I made the right decisions and my fear went away a little, but there is still part of me that is holding back. The biggest question is why???? WHY???? I want to let other people in but once again it's the "s" word........scared. I wish being fearless was easy. I guess if it was easy there would be nothing to fear in life and life would be pretty damn boring. It is time for me to make a splash and change how I view myself; only then will I be fearless. I will be revisiting this quote in the future and re-evaluating my life and comparing it. Hopefully the next post about it will be VERY different and I can finally be fearless, at least for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment